Unite For Hunger And Hope
April 29, 2009
All you have to do to help end world hunger is to join thousands of others bloggers on April 29 and write a post about world hunger.
BlogCatalog members and Heifer International are partnering to call for the end of world hunger and start of hope on April 29. All we ask is that you join thousands of other bloggers and write a post about world hunger on April 29. You can make a difference.
• Right now, more than 500 million people are living in "absolute poverty" and more than 15 million children die of hunger every year.
• World Health Organization estimates that one-third of the population is underfed and another third is starving.
• Even in the United States, 46 percent of African-American children and 49 percent of Latino children are considered chronically hungry.
Organizations like Heifer International are the solution. Every day in April, Heifer International is lifting people out of poverty by providing communities with livestock and agricultural training to improve lives and inspire hope. What can you do?
• Join this event and add a badge to your blog before April 29.
• Watch for upcoming news releases and topic backgrounders.
• Visit Heifer International to learn more about Pass On The Gift.
• Make a small donation or take some other action to end world hunger.
• Post about world hunger on April 29 with links to solutions all over the world.
Select posts will be featured by BlogCatalog; Heifer International; Copywrite, Ink.; and on the future Bloggers Unite blog. Details to follow.
see more 631 BLOGGERS PARTICIPATING